Honey Bee Educational Seminars
Through an entertaining honey bee educational seminar, the audience will:
- Learn about the three types of bees in a hive and their respective roles.
- Understand the life cycle of a honey bee from egg to larva to capped brood to adult bee.
- Appreciate the process of pollination and the importance of honey bees to our food supply.
- Understand how bees find nectar and process it into honey.
- Realize how honey is harvested.
- Learn of the nutritious and medicinal qualities of honey.
- Discover the uses for beeswax.
- Participate in a question and answer session.
After the presentation, at three stations, the audience will:
- Examine live bees in an observation hive (seasonal, usually from May to September).
- Taste honey from our hives.
- Craft a hand rolled beeswax candle.*
While the typical honey bee educational seminar consists of one complete hour, the content of the presentation can be modified to best suit your audience.
Prices vary based on travel expenses, supplies needed, etc. Please contact us for pricing.
A certificate of insurance can be provided upon request.
*Candles are an additional fee.
What are the three types of honey bees in a hive?
What do honey bees pollinate?
How do beekeepers harvest honey?